Pocket Replacement Windows:
Pocket window replacement, also known as insert replacement windows or retrofit windows, is a popular option for window replacement in Wisconsin. It differs from New Construction Windows. Instead of removing the window frame, the pocket window fits inside the existing window frame. Pocket Replacement Windows are commonly used to replace a worn window with a new window that’s the same size. Pocket Replacement Windows are designed to replace existing home windows, and are often used in Wisconsin home renovation and window replacement projects. Read on for some of the advantages of using Pocket Replacement Windows.
- Speed: Installation is quick and involves removing the old window, placing the new window in the frame, and securing it in place. The interface between the old frame and surrounding walls is not touched, so there’s usually no wall refinishing needed beyond small touch ups. The window can be ordered prefinished, so there is no masking, painting, or varnishing to perform.
- Simplicity: Pocket replacements allow you to keep the original frame, trim, siding, and casing intact. For minimal disturbance to the surrounding walls, because there is no damage to your wall, window trim, or siding. pocket installation may be a good option.
- Affordability: The installation itself is easier and faster than full replacement, often at less cost to the homeowner.
- Versatility. Pocket Replacement Windows can be custom-fit to the dimensions of the home windows you already have in place.
- Efficiency: Professionally done, Pocket Replacement Windows can lead to an attractive, durable window that improves energy performance.
Limitations of Pocket Replacement Windows
Both replacement and new-construction windows are available in a variety of styles, materials and finishes. However, new construction windows can provide an edge, featuring a greater selection of styles. Whichever type of window is right for your project, Wisconsin’s own Standard Windows & Doors will be able to find a style that blends with your home.
New Construction Windows:
Unlike replacement windows, new construction windows need to be installed on the framing directly, with the use of a nail fin frame.
- New windows may be wise if you are removing the home siding to change the style and will add significantly to the cost, time, and labor of a basic room remodel.
- New construction windows (sometimes called full-frame replacement windows) are designed to be installed in new construction like a new home or an addition to your current home.
- This doesn’t mean they can only be used on newly constructed homes. There are certain conditions where new construction windows are the best choice for replacing existing windows.
- If the window frames in your existing home are in bad shape, replacement windows will not be the best choice. The existing window frames would have to be removed and replaced. With all that carpentry required, it’s the perfect time to install new-construction windows.
- New construction windows are often more substantial and will not reduce your view. Because replacement windows fit inside the existing window frame you end up with less glass, therefore a smaller view.
Concerns when Choosing New Windows
Installing new-construction windows requires the old frames to be removed from the existing opening. This can be a more complex installation that may increase the installation cost. However, if you’re installing windows in new construction or your existing window frames are in poor condition, new- construction windows might remain the best investment.
Which Is Better?
Whether you choose Pocket Replacement Windows or New Construction Windows, it is best to consult with a professional. We at Standard Windows & Doors are ready to help you answer any and all questions . Standard Windows & Doors LLC is a premier window and door installer in Wisconsin. We pride ourselves on using top-tier products and providing exceptional service and quality to our customers throughout the state. Whether you need windows, doors, and accessories for your home or business, you can count on us for affordable products and unmatched expertise.