Advantages of Picture Windows
When you think about the value of your home, windows can make a huge difference. Picture windows don’t just provide an excellent amount of natural light into your home, they also have plenty of other benefits!
Here are some great reasons why picture windows are an excellent choice:
- Having picture windows installed in your home can emulate an expansive view of your outdoor environment in whatever room you put them in. What makes picture windows so unique is that the frame is made especially thin, giving them a primarily glass surface. For this reason, they give any room a beautiful and authentic view of the outside world, especially if they are ordered in large sizes.
- If air circulation is an important factor in your window decision, pairing picture windows with casement windows is an excellent design option. They look nearly identical, the main difference being that casement windows crank open, giving you the option of allowing outside air into your home.
- Fortunately, since picture windows don’t open, they need significantly less maintenance. They have fewer moving parts that will need to be replaced, so there’s generally less wear.
- They can lower your energy bill. You can expect your home to stay much warmer during cold months due to the amount of sunlight and heat coming through your picture windows. By getting a tremendous amount of light, this will warm your house through radiation and conduction, the same way a car gets warm in the direct sunlight. Because picture windows are also sealed, they don’t allow outside drafts to come through quite as a non-stationary window would. This works just as well for keeping your home cool in the summer!
- They’re easy to clean. As previously mentioned, picture windows are stationary, and therefore don’t have many pieces to them that will need to be wiped down or vacuumed. Cleaning is simple and takes very little time out of your day.
- Picture windows are sleek and provide a very modern look to your home. They are known for their versatility, complimenting a variety of different interior designs.